SHB’s In-person Assistants (IPA’s) Amal Saleh and Sundus Ali help uninsured persons to navigate through the health insurance system. Somali Health Board's In-Person Assisters (IPAs) provide impartial information to help individuals and families determine which health insurance option best fits their needs. Whether private insurance or Washington State's Apple Health coverage, this program is offered to all individuals - to enroll in the most suitable health insurance program available. Individual appointments can be made with a certified IPA who will guide you through the entire insurance enrollment process. Our IPAs fluently speak English, Somali, Swahili, and Arabic. This service is offered free of charge.
The IPA’s can also help participants renew their insurance. IPA’s are available over the phone and in-person. Open enrollment is currently underway.
· Date of birth (for all applicants)
· Social security number (for all applicants)
· Tax filing status for 2014 and 2015 (if available)
· For household members that are not US citizens: Legal Permanent Resident care or other immigration documents (visas) and Social Security number
· Username and password for healthplanfinder (if you have already created an account)
Amal Saleh: email@example.com (206) 619.1829
Sundus Ali: SundusA@somalihealthboard.org (206) 966.5311